Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ryan Walking

Every Friday, Ryan goes to Good Samaritan's Children's Therapy Unit (CTU) in Puyallup for physical and occupational therapy. It is lots of fun for both the kids because they built the center as Noah's Ark. It's an amazing place with a ton of equipment for the kids. Ryan has been learning to push his walker independently but we still help him steer and turn. He does better at the center and at school than he does at home because of our carpet. Also he needs motivation and I think he just knows it's expected of him there.

His therapist from school has been working on having him take some steps without any support. It started out with just a couple steps before falling. Now he can do up to 6 or 7 steps. I have a video from my cell phone of him doing it at Good Sam. We are all so proud of his hard work!!



We thank God for all the things that are happening in Ryan's life. One special thanks is that he hasn't been hospitalized for 2 1/2 years now. He is just getting stronger and healthier as time goes by. Thank you for your continued prayers, support, and encouragement!

5 comments:

Mikki Black said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy, I am so excited that I'm crying! This is so so so awesome!

Clara said...

Joy, Mikki sent me the link to see Ryan walk. I'm getting teary-eyed, too. It's so exciting to see him walk!!!!! God has done so many miracles for your little boy! It's great to hear he's getting stronger every day. Hooray!!!

The Crowley Family said...

YEAH!!! Praises be to God! That's wonderful! GO RYAN!!! :)

Jason & Kristen said...

Thats pretty cool! Ryan looked awesome walking!!!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh... I'm so teary eyed right now! I rejoice with you in this amazing acomplishment! You must be beaming! The song that was playing while I was watching it was By Your Side... so moving. Watch out! He's going places!

Love,

Jen