Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Aliza's Stinky Fish

The other day, we gave Aliza frozen fish fillets for the first time. I figured she would like it because she doesn't mind fresh fish or chicken nuggets. I assumed those two together are like fish sticks. Well Patrick served Aliza her plate. Immediately, Aliza leaned down to smell the fish and with a funny face said, "Stinky fish!" She refused to try it.

Well, today I made some salmon with rice for lunch. I didn't want to give her any without letting her see me eat it first. She ate salmon before but since it smells worse than fish sticks I wasn't sure if she'd be turned off now. We sat down for lunch and had the same food except my plate had salmon. She kept looking at the salmon I tried to disguise as chicken by cutting it up. She then says, "Smelly fish." She stood up on her chair and leans in for a better sniff and says it again. I just laughed! But I put some on a spoon mixed with rice and she took a bite. She liked it and asked for "More fish please." I was so relieved. I'm just glad she didn't give up the real fish.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Can't get anything past a two year old, huh!! What a cute story!