Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall's Here

I am realizing that summer is finally gone and fall is here to stay. I won't complain though. Our summer ended beautifully in the 70s two days ago. Now it's 60s with grey and gloomy skies. But for our last weekend of sunshine, we were able to enjoy it at Lattin's Country Cider Mill.


I found this place 5 years ago before we moved away. I had a friend (Audrey) from childhood visiting and we wanted to find a cider mill because we went annually as kids. I wasn't disappointed with it and so we make sure to go every year. The kids get to pet and feed animals. They even have a giant slingshot to shoot apples at cows. Sounds mean huh? You're not supposed to aim it directly at them but only to shoot it near them so they can eat the apples. But some kids try to hit them.


They also have a hay ride, corn maze, and a giant pumpkin patch. Regardless of all that, they have the best cider and apple fritters! Yummy! This year I even bothered to buy a pie pumpkin to attempt homemade pumpkin pie. I've always thought pie filling from the can tasted good but people tell me I'm missing out. So if I don't mess up the recipe this week, I'll see if their right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your trip sounded amazing! LOVED the slide show as well... you all look like you had such a GREAT time (I'll have to ask you about that feature)! Thank you for you comments as well... your words are so powerful. I love reading them! Can't wait to see you too. Look forward to hearing how that pie turns out!

Blessings!!

Jen