Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family Picture Day 10Oct08

So we went to Sears for our family picture this year. We hadn't taken one since 2006 and we'll probably make sure to keep it up every two years. I scheduled our appointment for after naps believing that it would work out perfectly. It ended up being extremely stressful because Aliza decided for that one day, she wouldn't nap. NOTHING helped. We went so far as driving her around and she just sang to herself. The crazy thing is, she naps everyday and if we are in the car around her naptime, she always falls asleep. But not this time. Ryan decided to skip his nap too.

We gave up on trying and finished getting ready. On our way there, we did our best to keep the kids awake for the 20 minute drive. It seemed we would make it. But 5 minutes before we got there, Aliza passed out and Ryan was slowly fading! I accepted the fact that we would have the worst pictures ever. I wasn't upset or in a bad mood but just in a "oh well" mood.

When we got to the studio, it felt like 90 degrees in there, which is probably why Ryan just wanted to sleep. Thankfully Aliza was awake and in good spirits because we made her walk through the mall and promised to buy her some bubble tea if she behaved well. To our surprise, it was the photographer's first day on the job. She took over 50 shots with some hilarious poses! I just kept thinking, "Seriously? Does this actually look good to you?" We cooperated and did what she asked...well, Patrick and I did. The kids...not so much. And that is why we took a ton of pictures. We did finally have one decent family photo but the kids don't look happy at all. But at least they're looking and I couldn't be happier.

Our Family Photo


Next is one of the "Are you serious...you want us to do what?" photos A back to back photo with Patrick just didn't seem very loving or candid. I laugh every time I see it. It's like were posing for a recruiting ad of some sort.


Don't you love kids?



A Great Photo



There was one more absolutely hilarious picture that I want to post so bad so you can laugh with me. But I have to ask Patrick first. I don't know if he'll go for it but I will update this asap if he says yes. You deserve to share in the joy I've experienced from looking at it over and over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family! The photos are real good :-)