Friday, March 6, 2009

Things are slowly getting better...

We've been in MI 5 days now. I'm feeling less stressed and have a little more energy each day. I'm also so excited that Patrick arrives in the morning. He's a maniac! Who drives 2400 miles in less than 2 days? He left around 11 am Thursday and is due here 5 am Saturday. Crazy huh? I usually worry about him on these long drives but I gave it to God; plus, it was a relief knowing that his dad, who is a truck driver, was with him to help. I knew he couldn't drive crazy fast with his dad in the car and if he needed a break, he had a great partner.

This week we met Ryan & Aliza's pediatrician. Did I already mention that on the previous blog? I think I did. But anyhow, I am so thankful for him. He's experienced, kind, caring, knowledgeable, and also a pulmonologist who will be a huge asset for Ryan's respiratory issues.

We also met four of our home care nurses and so far they have been great. I trained one today and will be training each of them this week. It's a lot of work, but that's part of the move and it will all get better soon.

Aliza has been enjoying my brother's kids. They've stopped by in the evenings to play and she just seems so big playing with them. I'm so used to her interacting with other two-year-olds that I'm surprised how well she does with older kids. I've been thankful for them because they've helped her stay occupied while I've been caring for Ryan full time.

This coming up week is another busy week full of errands to the DMV, storage place, Medicaid office; training new nurses; and unpacking our furniture that comes. So keep us in your prayers as we continue to settle down. I'm also getting a little stir crazy and can't wait til I can have a fun day out eating at a local favorite restaurant! By the way, it felt like 60 today! The sun was out and Aliza played in the yard and took a walk. She was so happy not to be bundled up. Funny how it was 9 degrees when we arrived and today it was 60. But I'm not complaining.



Aliza enjoying the sunshine in the yard--don't you love her good kicking form in this pic?

3 comments:

Jason & Kristen said...

I'm glad you made it back safely--if you ever need to talk give me a call--it is wierd being on the civilian side of things and I don't have half the stressors you have to deal with :-)

Anonymous said...

Where's your "Followers" box? That's one Blogger Gadget you definitely need to add so I can follow your blog. :)

Thanks for the update. Hope you're hanging in there!

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Hey there,
I've been prayin' for you guys. I'm glad that everyone made it safe and sound.
Keep your chin up. I know you always find the fun in things. You always will.