Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's happening whether I'm ready or not...

I definitely have been doing a horrible job of updating this. Sorry about that. I will try to do better especially since many people will be wondering how things are going for us post-military life.

Well, the kids and I are in Michigan now. We arrived yesterday and reality hit hard. Nothing emotional or anything. And it's not like I wasn't planning for this move for months now. But being on the other side just makes it so much more real. I'm suddenly getting the sense of urgency, which I probably should've had this whole time, to figure out what we're going to do now.

I realize though we've done everything we should've and nothing else could've been done. But it's like someone has turned over the hourglass and time is already running out.

I am staying positive as best as I can. Although Aliza and I were sick flying out, the flight started out the best we've experienced. We have actually flown quite a bit over the last 9 years with Ryan and this was the best time we've had. The Northwest Airlines staff from check-in to flight attendants were great! Ryan did well the whole way through. He fell asleep in the car to the airport and didn't wake up til we walked off the plane in MI. Aliza did pretty good too despite being sick. She didn't sleep but an hour but she was very good and didn't run up and down the aisles like I was worried about.

We met the kids' pediatrician today and I am so happy. He's also a pulmonologist--exactly what Ryan needs for his respiratory issues. We did find out why Aliza's been asking for ice for a booboo on her cheek that we never see: ear infection. But luckily, she recently stopped spitting out the medications we try to give her.

Patrick will be arriving next week. We have lots to do still so I can't wait til April when things have slowed down a bit. That'll probably be when I will realize this isn't a vacation and I am here for good. I will feel all the emotions that have been covered from being so busy. But when all my tasks are checked off, I will be happy to be home but so sad to leave the great life I've enjoyed and all the people I've met along the way. I will post pictures soon but I hardly have time for anything. I'm sneaking this in way past my own bedtime.

I will do my best to keep this up weekly as promised!

1 comment:

Tanzosh said...

Hey Joy, thanks for the prayers and encouragement. I'm praying for you guys as well. You are an awesome friend, do you know that?