Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, we had a great Thanksgiving. We spent the evening with Uncle Paul, the Roberts family & the Kauffmans. The food was wonderful and filling. Best of all, Patrick's surgery that was scheduled the week before Thanksgiving was postponed to Dec 4. He wasn't too happy because he wanted to get it over with. But I was glad to have him painless during Thanksgiving. We also already picked out our tree so the day after Thanksgiving, we just walked straight to it and cut it down.


cutting our tree



Taking our tree home


Our tree


Black Friday was such a great day for me. I felt so productive. If only we could always go shopping and run errands before the kids woke up. Although I had a cold and was exhausted after hosting Thanksgiving dinner, I met up with Heidi at 5 am. We managed to cross things off our list from Toysrus, JcPenney, Express & Fred Meyer. I actually loved it! Unfortunately, I only had 3 hours (a positive thing for our bank account) since I had to be back by 8:30 to leave for Ryan's weekly therapy. I was so tempted to go back out and face the crowd but that would've been selfish of me. We were supposed to be spending the afternoon decorating. So I let it go and decided I have a whole year to plan my Black Friday 2009 outing.

This weekend Patrick also took me on a movie date to see Twilight. It was totally out of love for me that he went because it is not something he would ever want to see. Thanks honey! I'm not into vampires at all but I am a romantic and I really enjoyed the series. I was just told about these books the month before and read all four books in about a week. It wasn't the best quality movie since it had a low budget but I still enjoyed it.

No comments: