Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow

I love snow! It's crazy to think that I'm in WA right now. This is actually my first winter here that I remember snow sticking to the ground for more than a couple of days. It's sooo beautiful! Right now, I kind of feel like I'm in MI. Of course, it's not as cold as there but I love looking out my window and seeing nothing but white. Granted, it causes life to shut down around here, it's still worth it to me especially around Christmas.


About a week after our 1st snow and it's still falling! Yay!


We enjoyed the snow for the first couple of days, then we all started getting sick. Yes again. But nothing major. Just scratchy throats, coughing, and runny noses. But enough to want to look at the snow rather than play in it.



Ryan and his nurse, Becky, walking in the snow around the 3rd day


Ryan's nurses have had some trouble getting to work so we've had a couple of days alone. It can get tough trying to keep up with his daily schedule while taking care of normal things with Aliza and still helping Patrick recover. But it's also a nice break too having the house to ourselves.

Patrick is feeling better. He now has a hard cast on for another 4 weeks. That's not fun as some of you may know. As things are healing up inside, his incisions are getting pretty itchy. I have to warn him constantly to not think about sticking a hanger down in there. (He kept doing that his first surgery)

Anyways, Aliza and I made her first snowman the very first day of this weeklong snow storm. There was hardly any snow yet so it's VERY SMALL but cute. I didn't want to take the chance of the snow disappearing without her having that experience. Little did I know that the meteorologists would have it right and that the snow would actually stay this time and keep coming. Unfortunately for the snowman, we didn't have any buttons or carrots. Patrick gave us candy to accessorize. Aliza kept eating his buttons. The snowman's nose started "bleeding" when the sun hit because it was some kind of red candy coating. It was funny! I had a picture of that but it was on my cell phone, which unfortunately died from falling in water. I did catch a couple of pictures before the nose bleed.


Aliza's 1st snowman after the first snowfall

No comments: