Saturday, December 6, 2008

Patrick's 3rd Ankle Surgery

Well surgery day finally arrived on Dec 4 after being postponed twice. Not that I was looking forward to it but I knew it was going to happen so I was glad it happened after Thanksgiving but weeks before Christmas. Patrick won't be weightbearing for a while but he'll at least be out of the initial pain by Christmas.

So far so good. He's in pain obviously but thankfully no infection or complications. We're praying for quick recovery and that it would be successful this time around so he can be active again and run, play hockey, play drums, etc.

They sent him home with an ice machine called GameReady. It's his second time using it and it is definitely a lifesaver! Unfortunately, we've had some trouble with this one getting his cast wet so they're replacing it tomorrow. Ice packs can't even compare to how this machine helps him deal with the pain. I love technology!

While we were waiting in the surgery waiting room, Aliza felt extremely hot. I walked her down to the pediatric clinic to check her temp and it was 103. When we brought Patrick home, I found out Ryan was running a 101 temp with an ear infection, my nurse was calling out sick, and Aliza's fever followed with stomach bug stuff. I almost freaked out wondering how I was going to manage 3 sick people but God gave me peace and reminded me He was there to help and strengthen me. I had to just focus on one day at a time and lean on Him. It has definitely worked. I praise him after we finish a day. So far we've made it 2 days and the 3rd day is going well. Thanks for all your prayers!!


Morning of surgery waiting to be called back



Still goofy--ready to be taken back


Saying 'see ya later, daddy'

3 comments:

Jen said...

Gosh, Joy... the Lord really carried you through that time. All three of your loved ones sick. You ARE super mom! Glad to hear things are getting better!

Mikki Black said...

You never fail to inspire with your patience and reliance on God for peace and strength.

We're praying for you...wish I could still come over and give you a break, though!

Mikki Black said...

Hey, it's me again! I decided to nominate you for an award because you're so awesome. (see previous comment!)

Come see me at http://www.hereswhatletsdo.blogspot.com and pick it up!