Monday, January 12, 2009

Moving Details

I guess some of you would like to know more about the move and such. I meant to get into that in my previous entry but I got sidetracked.

Anyways, the plan is for us to move back home to MI. Yes, I said Michigan. Despite the problems with the economy, we feel this is where we need to go initially after our discharge. We will be staying with my parents at first until we get stable jobs.

After we lose our medical benefits, we will lose our nurses who have been a tremendous help to us in caring for Ryan. This change alone will be difficult so we wanted to be around family--both of our families are there. The only way we'll obtain nursing again even when we have private health insurance is when we make it through the waiting list for Medicaid. So please pray!

I did say "until we get stable jobs" earlier because I am planning on going back to work and helping out financially. However, if the nursing doesn't work out, I won't be able to focus on accounting as it is a day job. I will have to take anything I can get in the evenings or weekends when Patrick and my parents are able to watch Ryan. Without nursing, Ryan can't go to school and I can't just have any 'daycare' watch him. I am praying about going to school part time to pursue nursing. That way I'm not stuck working 9-5 but rather whatever odd hours work for our family.

We want to stay in MI, but if we can't, our next move will be to Washington DC. Patrick wants to obtain a federal position in MI or DC so that he can transfer over his military years. I'd be bummed to leave family in MI but Patrick's brother and family, as well as our favorite church family, are in VA. So we wouldn't mind there either.

We are definitely stepping into the realm of the unknown soon. We really won't know how things will turn out until we get there. I thank God for His promises to us and I am holding onto them especially during this time. Some favorites are:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future."--Jer 29:11

Matthew 6:25-34 is too long to write but it basically tells us not worry. Instead, we are to seek Him and his righteousness first then everything else will fall into place.

So though our circumstances can change, God doesn't and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

Jason & Kristen said...

We will be praying for smooth transitions and that everything works out!! Its definately a transition that takes some getting used to be "civilians" again !